Our Little Corner of the World



We've been in Kuwait for almost two months (I know this, because I've started getting notifications that it's time to change my password at work) and we're settling in nicely.

Declan and Harper have made friends with a little boy their age who lives two doors down from us. The great thing about living on the compound is they can run back and forth between the two houses and I don't think anything of it (unless I know the baby is sleeping at the little boy's house, then I don't let them do that).

There are a lot of kids close to their age and Declan and Harper usually have someone to play with when we go to the park.

We spent the day at the pool this afternoon and a lot of other families had the same idea. There's usually something planned for at least one day of the weekend, even if it's just having the jumping castle out for happy hour on Thursday.

Harper has it in her head that she wants to do a pajama party, so I'm going to send out emails to some of the other moms to see if they want to bring the kids over to our house next Thursday and they can have pizza and popcorn instead of running around outside the whole time.

Our household goods get delivered tomorrow (finally!). It will be nice to have our own stuff, even if all I sent was books, toys, and kitchen stuff. Their bikes will be here and we can start riding them around the compound. I've signed them up for swimming lessons here on the compound as well, so that will start soon. They didn't really like being in the little pool while all the other kids were in the big pool, but without their floaties, there was no way I could watch both of them (the shallow end is 4'6").

They really like their day care and love showing me some of their work that they've done during the week. I'll take some pictures of it and post them.

They like their nanny, Rosie. Especially when she brings them chocolates home with her on her day off.

Otherwise, life is life. We're settling in and getting comfortable. At least until summer. Then I'll be miserable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uluru stories - Kuniya & Liru

An argument for sensible under garments

Oh. You're one of THOSE girls