Aaaand We're Off (Again)

 We're off on a new adventure!



This time to Chennai, India for two years. We arrived three days ago and immediately went into two weeks of quarantine in a temporary apartment. Our permanent house is undergoing some construction and upgrades. Due to COVID-19 and some funding issues, the construction was delayed. The good news is, our UAB is here and waiting for us to move into our house!

First impressions: I am SO glad I hired a driver. I know...that sounds so bougie, but I don't think I'll ever be comfortable driving here. I thought driving in Kuwait was bad. No...no it wasn't. At least there, they kind of adhered to the rules of the road. Here: lanes area a suggestion. Mopeds gaggle at lights. Horns are used copiously. Merge willy-nilly. It's truly frightening.

But everything is so lush and green and vibrant and I can't wait to be able to get out and explore. As much as possible anyway what with COVID restrictions. 

Jet lag has hit us hard. I've tried to stay up as long as possible, but the kids have crashed HARD during the day for a few hours and then been awake for several hours in the middle of the night. Today, they made it all the way through to 7:30pm without any kind of nap, so I'm hoping they'll at least sleep through to early morning. 


Fingers crossed


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uluru stories - Kuniya & Liru

An argument for sensible under garments

Oh. You're one of THOSE girls