Lungkata, a blue-tongued lizard man, traveled to Uluru from the north. He went to Uluru because he heard there were many other beings there and he was lonely. As he was walking around Uluru, he came across an emu that had been speared through the thigh. This was a dilemma: although Lungkata was lonely, he was also hungry. Although it was wrong to take another hunter's prey, Lungkata decided to kill the emu and take the meat. Knowing the hunter who had speared the emu would belooking for the bird, Lungkata cut the emu into pieces and hid them. Shortly, two brothers who had tracked the wounded bird found Lungkata and asked him if he had seen the emu. Lungkata told the hunters he had not, but that he had heard what sounded like a wounded emu way, way off in the distances and sent the brothers off. Lungkata gathered all the pieces of the emu and set off to find a place to hide. In his haste to get away, Lungkata dropped pieces of the meat, leaving a trail behind him. Meanwhile...
I never, in a million years, had any intention of homeschooling my kids. Ever. For one, I didn’t really understand what homeschool IS - I thought homeschool was either regular school at home for eight hours a day, or ultra religious families who wanted to teach flat-eartherism and creationism. For another, I’m a single parent and it just wan’t an option when I worked full-time. My kids had to be in school or day-care when they were younger. But then I retired from the Air Force. And then COVID-19 happened and schools shut down in March 2020. Of course, we all know what happened then... NO ONE DID WHAT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO DO ...so schools went to virtual learning. When the county we were in announced they were going to virtual learning for the first nine weeks of the 20/21 school year, I knew it was not going to work for Declan and Harper. The end of 2nd grade was honestly horrible for everyone. It wasn’t the teachers - let's be clear about that. They were both...
We're off on a new adventure! This time to Chennai, India for two years. We arrived three days ago and immediately went into two weeks of quarantine in a temporary apartment. Our permanent house is undergoing some construction and upgrades. Due to COVID-19 and some funding issues, the construction was delayed. The good news is, our UAB is here and waiting for us to move into our house! First impressions: I am SO glad I hired a driver. I know...that sounds so bougie, but I don't think I'll ever be comfortable driving here. I thought driving in Kuwait was bad. No...no it wasn't. At least there, they kind of adhered to the rules of the road. Here: lanes area a suggestion. Mopeds gaggle at lights. Horns are used copiously. Merge willy-nilly. It's truly frightening. But everything is so lush and green and vibrant and I can't wait to be able to get out and explore. As much as possible anyway what with COVID restrictions. Jet lag has hit us hard. I've tried to st...
Comments
Post a Comment